Friday, June 1, 2012

Random Beginnings


I may have not started my family in the most ideal way, but that's the way it happened. I was a freshly new 16 year old when Noah Xavier was born, Xavier not pronounced the normal way of course, but the french way, i think. Sounded like Zah Ve Eh. Something to that effect, after explaining it so many times, i just pronounced it the English way. Fast forward 11 years..holy hell, 11 years... He is sitting in the chair next to me holding our big fat cat who is contently purring away in his lap. Noah's brother, 6 year old Morgan is sitting on the couch screaming at his Mario game. I am pretty content here. In my home, with my wonderful husband of nearly three years, Noah's step father, and Morgans father. I say pretty content because our money situation could be better, but with one car, two kids, and a bum leg, there isn't much i can do anymore. But in every other aspect, I have a life worthy of envy, at least if i was on the outside looking in I would be as green could be.  Nearly 8 years ago I met Dan. It was a complete accident that we got together. I was still married, but separated from Noah's father, Sperm donor, whatever. I was in a chat room, just looking to talk to another human being, as I didn't leave the house much. And here comes a random instant message with the regular a/s/l. We chat for awhile, and that was that. A few days later, I saw his name lit up on my messenger list. I sent him a message, I forgot his name, we laughed. He thought I lived in another city which was way closer to him than i really was, although in the same state as him. And somehow a bond was formed that day, we spoke on the phone, he made me laugh more than I had in a long time. Fast forward a little more, he came to meet me, he was just gorgeous. I don't think i spoke much because I was just blown away, he had, and still does have the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. beautiful brown hair, and a smile that would knock your socks off. As I relay these events i look up and smile with tears in my eyes because of how amazed I am. How did i get so lucky? I look over to the boys, Noah is eating in the kitchen, and Morgan has gotten disgusted with his DS and has moved on to waiting for me to make him a balloon animal which i will shortly. Morgan is the spitting image of Dan, as my mother in law says, i just incubated him, I must agree. when he is lying on me and i look down his face, i see that same triangle thing that Dan's cheeks do. I love it. He has his beautiful blue eyes, skinny as a rail and blonde hair. I surely wouldn't have it any other way. In fact, the only thing i see in Morgan that is me, is his feet, and the way he never stops talking. Every day of my life, before my feet hit the floor in the morning I think, wow.. I must be the luckiest woman on the face of this planet. It is rare that i have to get up in the morning to get the kids on the bus, Dan likes to get up early, have a cup of coffee, and watch his favorite shows before anyone gets up. I don't think one day goes by where he doesn't put me first. When we first met, I wouldn't have said that. Everyone comes with baggage, his was, he wanted to do what he wanted when he wanted since his previous girl was on him like white on rice 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I cant blame him. and for the most part, I really didn't care much. Even when i was pregnant with Morgan, he still kinda did his own thing, it slowly dwindled down in the following couple years, and i would say, by the time Morgan was 2 He grew up. He realized it wasn't all about him anymore. Now I sure am not saying he isn't allowed, quite far from it. I encourage him to do things, and up until recently, he did nothing. He is truly a family man. Hardworking, loving, and everything else you could imagine. Now Morgan has dropped the need for a balloon and picked up Mario again, and Noah has went upstairs to get away from his brother. These three men are my world, my everything. I would do anything for them. Have I told you how lucky I am?

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay!!! I'm so happy to see you in the blogging world. I will add you to my list Great post. I can't wait to read more!
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks Sommer!! I am too, it took awhile, since im not really that interesting. But it is a great feeling when you get out what you want to say, you just feel lighter. :)

    ReplyDelete