Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day?

If it wasn't for my dear husband, today would be just another day to me. Although I suppose the day belongs to my mother as well, as she was the one who raised me. I have often wondered what it would have been like if I had a father in my life growing up. Would I have been so desperate for a male to love me? Would I have gotten pregnant at 15? Would he even allowed me to date? So many questions and scenarios play out in my brain every once in awhile. Not that I had a bad home life. I know she did the best she knew how at the time. Although I wish she would have played with me more. But that is all in the past. Even if our marriage wasn't as strong and amazing as it is, I think Dan and I are both in agreement that we would work our asses off to make sure that we stay together, and IF IF IF IF we ever get divorced we would stay close to each other and make sure that these kids see both parents, as it is more important than anything. Dan having a step father was one of the best things ever. Gary taught him how to be responsible, how to be a man. Now I am not saying anything bad about His biological dad because he taught him things as well. But was mostly a friend to him. My favorite thing that Wayne taught him was how to play the guitar. Oh how i wish he would pick it up again and play for me. I could not ask for a better father for my kids. This time I did good. I did try to have a relationship with my father a few years ago... at first it was nice. He was more of a friend as well. I loved Bonnie, his long time girlfriend, and I still do. I do miss her. But when you lie about me, and steal from my kids, I am better off without him. I remember talking with Bonnie one of the last times we were around them, I told her I felt sorry for her.. I think she deserved more.. something better. And I still do. I wish her nothing but the best. I had written a letter .. actually four letters, they were all identical, explaining why I stopped talking to him. I wanted everyone to have the same copy, so one couldn't say anything against them. One of those things being when he stole their Easter and Birthday money that my grandmother sent to them. And then after the lie was out to her, she tried to turn it on Dan and make it seem like Dan forgot to tell me that him and my father put the presents in the trunk of my car.. and another time, to say I failed college? or that I signed up for another college and never went? Something along those lines.. either way, I really don't know why he would tell my grandmother things that were not true. It hurt me. Especially when your supposed to love me. And then to not want to friend me on Facebook unless I add my father? How many times does someone need to hurt me before enough is enough. It was less about me, and more for my boys. They don't need to have stories made up about them. It hasn't happened yet to my knowledge, but I wasnt going to wait around for it to happen. Our job is to protect them, not exploit. And it was Dan who pushed me to talk to my dad again. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have. At least I know in my heart i tried. Even without any sort of father figure in my life, I think I turned out ok, I hope so anyway... I hope every father deserving of the title had a wonderful day today, and to all the mothers and grandmothers and whoever else who has played the role of dad. Happy Fathers day Mom I love you more than you know. I wouldnt have what I have today without you. Thank you for everything you have, and are doing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment